Skip to main content

Discussion details

The guide to Statistics in European Commission Development Cooperation intends to be a useful tool for its users, so your feedback about the interest and usefulness of the Guide is very important to us. It will allow us to focus more in your interest and needs and turn this tool in a guidebook that can give you information about statistics in development cooperation.

Let us know if you use the Guide, in what circumstances and what you would like to see in the Guide.

Furthermore: do you think that the Guide is well organised? Do you think that there is a need to change the Guide in any way?

Comments (5)

Dear Susana,
Is there a policy in place to disseminate copies of the guide outside European Union Delegations ; for example during national workshops on statistics ?
I know one workshop launching the design of the next NSDS will take place in Niamey (Niger) from 9 to 11 October 2012.
Bonne journée à tous,

Gérard

in reply to Gérard Chenais

Dear Gérard
Thanks for this information. We have CDs with the "Portal to the Guide" and also some printed copies of the Guide in EN and FR. If you can send us more information about the workshop (is it organised by PARIS21?) we will try to find a way to send some copies to the participants, at least of the CD's. I think it will be from a great use to them!
Best regards,
Susana

Dear Susana,
I am not a user of the guide per se but as a statistician who worked most of its professional time in developing countries (Pacific and Africa) and few years at the end with PARIS21 Secretariat, I am still very much interested in statistical development initiatives. I was very active in NSDS development and advocacy including assisting in the field. I still advise on statistical development issues (national or regional) from time to time and the guide is a potential useful reference (I have not been through the whole of it yet but will do in the near future).

Très sincèrement,

Gérard Chenais