Skip to main content

Discussion details

Pacific Islands Trade & Invest congratulates Niue Vanilla International whose organic vanilla products will be sold in Trade Aid stores by August. Niue Vanilla International Managing Director Stanley Kalauni firmed up plans with Geoff White, CEO of Trade Aid at the PT&I Pacific Hub stand on the first day of the Auckland Food Show. Niue Vanilla will be the first Pacific food product to be sold in Trade Aid stores - marking a return of interest by Trade Aid in Pacific Island made products. Trade Aid is expected to take on all six lines under the Niue Vanilla International brand across all 31stores phasing it in with a few stores in Auckland and Wellington. Trade Aid is a not for profit retailer, importer, wholesaler and development agency. The agreement a major step forward for Niue Vanilla International, a family owned company started by Mr Kalauni in Niue in 1991. Pacific Islands Trade & Invest Trade Commissioner Michael Greenslade said, “We are delighted Stanley has achieved his goal of getting a distributor in New Zealand as part of our Path to Market Program. Clearly the Trade Aid network could also work for some other of our clients. We will be watching this with excited anticipation.” Niue Vanilla International is currently showcasing at PT&I’s Pacific Hub stand (P5) at the Auckland Food Show over four days. Mr Kalauni praised the support from the PT&I network, “They really helped us out.” PT&I offices in Sydney, Geneva and Auckland helping him participate in their trade shows and providing exposure to different markets. “We couldn’t have done it without them” he said.

Source: scoop.co.nz
Full Article: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1607/S00947/niue-vanilla-first-pacific-food-product-in-trade-aid.htm