Skip to main content

Discussion details

Dear colleagues,

The results of our Young Voices Against Poverty video contest will be announced on Wednesday. We had hoped to announce the winners last week but haven’t heard back from all of them before now.

With just two weeks to go until the forum, I am resending you the EDD13 social media guide for your reference. This includes relevant hashtags for the sessions and topics and various information on how to get involved before, during, and after the forum.

For an inconclusive list of Twitter handles for EDD13 participating organisations and people, clickhere. If your organisation is not on this list, please let me know and I will add you to it.   

Tuesday, 12 November:

Commissioner Andris Piebalgs visit to the Philippines

Tuesday will be the last day of EU Development Commissioner Piebalgs’ official visit to the Philippines. The visit aims to further development co-operation between the EU and the Philippines and will include a meeting between Piebalgs and Socio-economic Planning Secretary, Arsenio Balisacan, who will attend EDD13 to partake in the session,Social Protection for Inclusive Growth(#EDD13_Social).

We will similarly share information aboutCOLEACP’s “Africa Post-2015” photo contest. The winners of this contest will be sent to Brussels to attend EDD13 where the photo submissions will be on display. The deadline for submissions in 20 November.

Wednesday, 13 November: 

Video contest winners announced

Wednesday we announce the long awaited results for our Young Voices Against Poverty video contest. The winners will be flown to Brussels to attend EDD13 and will also be involved in the youth ambassador programme.

This week is also InternationalWeek of Science and Peace– a week in which to promote greater awareness of the relationship between science and peace, and a fitting occasion for us to promote our session,Science and Innovation for Development.  

Thursday, 14 November:

World Diabetes Day/EDD13 health sessions

Thursday isWorld Diabetes Day(#WDD), which we will use as an opportunity to promote the EDD13 health sessions, such as the auditorium session organised by the World Bank, WHO, UNFPA, UNAIDS, Action for Global Health, Countdown 2015 Europe, and Save the Children,Finishing and Moving Beyond the Health MDGs(#EDD13_Health).

Friday, 15 November:

EDD13 Announcement

On Friday we will announce the confirmation of a high-level EDD13 attendant.    

Thank you for all your work thus far to promote the forum and the various topics. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments or suggestions you might have.

Best regards,

Elisabeth